Follow-Up Survey | Scoring Question, Local Average

We used an Early Literacy Follow-Up Survey late last year with our storytime parents & caregivers. I have a question about the scoring – our Outcomes in each category were between 97%-99% and yet our Topic average is 78%. My brain must be fuzzy post-New Year celebrations – I don’t understand our 78% Topic average. The National Topic average is 76% so there’s method to the madness, but I need a little assist to understand.
Thanks!

Hi Suanne,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Upon further investigation, it looks like your PDF summary reports for your Early Childhood Literacy Follow-up Surveys are calculating the library and state average correctly - 99%, 97%, 97%, & 98%. But for some reason the Data Dashboards are displaying 78%. I’m going to send this to our web developer to look into further and will hopefully have an answer for you soon. In the meantime, I’d refer to the PDF summary reports for the accurate percentages.

Hi Suanne,

This has been resolved. The averages should now be displaying correctly on your data dashboard. Please let us know if there are any other issues!

Thank you!! I appreciate your quick response and the quick fix! Suanne