"Writing Open-Ended Survey Questions": Contradiction?

I’m reading the aforementioned article which in part, has the following:

Ask about experiences and actions, not perceptions and intentions.
For outcome evaluation, gathering information about outcomes can be more efficient than asking about processes that lead to the outcomes.

Don’t Did you enjoy the program?
Do Have you recommended the program to anyone else?

However, on the Summer Reading Immediate Surveys, question #5 asks “What did you like most about the program/service.”
Is this not a contradiction?

Thank you kindly.

Hi Andrea,

This resource was provided to help libraries writing additional questions to the Project Outcome surveys. The Task Force provided the 2 open-ended questions on each survey as an additional way for libraries to collect patron feedback, since they were focused on the 4 key outcomes (for the initial Immediate surveys). What did you like most and what can the library do to improve were added as bonus feedback - sometimes patrons include more outcome-based feedback (like I read way more with my child because of this program) and sometimes it’s more feedback-based (I like the snacks). So when adding your own open-ended questions, you should maximize the number of outcome-based questions, such as learning if patrons are going out and recommending the program to their peers.