Step by Step staff instructions

At Geneva Public Library, each programmer currently enters his/her own program surveys into the website. They also received a one on one tutorial from me in the beginning, including some handouts from the Project Outcome website to help them understand why we’re doing this.
After speaking at the 1:00 Project Outcome program at ALA yesterday, several people asked if I would share the step by step instructions I created for my library’s staff.Here it is to modify as you wish!
Kristi Miller
Youth Services Manager
Geneva Public Library District (IL)
GPLD staff instructions.pdf (124.3 KB)

Hi Kristi

Thanks for posting this. Does it apply to the original site or the revised site?

Lois Gordon
Mohawk Valley Library System

I just updated this to reflect the website changes.

Kristi

Kristi Miller
Youth Services Manager
Geneva Public Library District
127 James Street, Geneva, IL 60134
630-313-1013
www.gpld.orghttp://www.gpld.org
Connecting our community to discover, inspire, and grow!

Hi Kristi

Sorry to be a pain but your link just took me to your general website. Is that what you intended? Also, are these instructions for individual libraries’ programs or for a group of libraries?

We’re a library system and on the original site, it was difficult working out the logistics for all of the libraries. From what I can see so far, the revision seems to better work with the way programs are organized. What are you finding?

Lois Gordon
Schenectady, NY 12306

Thanks, Kristi. This will be helpful.

Hi Lois,
I’m sorry for the delay in responding. I just got back from vacation. The link in the original post is a pdf. The link in my reply is just a link to the library’s website. Let me know if you are still having trouble.
My instructions were written for programmers in our one building library, but you can adapt them as needed. I simply posted these in response to a request at ALA. They aren’t necessarily one-size-fits-all.
Good luck!
Kristi

Hi

Thanks so much Kristi. I’m using them as a guide. Since we’re a library system, out process is a bit different.

Lois Gordon
858 Duanesburg Rd
Schenectady, NY 12306
Phone: 518.355.2010 x 233
Fax: 518.355.0674
www.mvls.infohttp://www.mvls.info/