Including patron comments in printed report

Why can’t I include - or easily print - comments from respondents? Yes, I could export the answers to excel, but that seems unnecessarily clunky.

I would like to be able to do the same thing. I know with the old portal comments were included. The comments are what will make this data more usable in my opinion. If anyone has a way to include it please share.

Lisa & Beth,

What sort of open-ended response report would be helpful for you? We’d love your feedback and maybe there’s a way we can add it as an option in the future!

Currently, in addition to the CSV download in the survey management tool, you can filter & export your open-ended comments through the Filter & Export Responses button the the data dashboard detail page. This does export them in Excel format, however. The reason we did not include the open-ended responses in the summary report is that it is supposed to be a summary, and there was no way of limiting the # of responses if a user selected, for example, a report by Survey Topic and had 1,000 responses for that topic. That would create an extremely long report if it listed all open-ended responses.

Sam, that’s an excellent point, though most of my surveys have involved far
smaller populations. I downloaded the Excel data, pulled it into Word, and
hand-tabulated repeat answers. Again, far easier to do with 27 surveys than
1,000. I’ll give your summary question some thought.

I noticed the Filter and Export Responses field, but there was no way to
print the chart of answers, at least that I could see. That alone would
have been helpful.

I also didn’t see how to save either report as a PDF. If that’s my
unfamiliarity with the new system, let me know. I seem to remember being
able to do this before?

Check out our new and improved website - now mobile friendly!
www.rockislandlibrary.org

Lisa Lockheart, Publicity and Outreach Liaison
Rock Island Public Library
401 19th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201
lockheart.lisa@rigov.org or 309-732-7303

Facebook: rockislandlibrary or rockislandteens
Twitter: RILibrary

Hi Lisa,

The “Filter & Export Responses” is a button, and when you click it, you should have a window pop up that displays all open-ended responses. You can then use the filters at the top of the chart to filter down the options (if you’re only looking for specific survey responses or program responses). You can click “Export All or Export Selected” at the top of the window to download the responses as an Excel CSV. I’ve highlighted the filters & export buttons in the screenshot below.

To save a report as a PDF, you have to go to print report, then you can save as Adobe PDF instead of print. If the report looks off, you might have to adjust your printing settings. The Report Builder has Printing Instructions to help make the report look correctly depending on your browser.

Let me know if you have any other issues. If so, email info@projectoutcome.org and I’ll get a help desk ticket started for you.

Are you planning any training on the new features?

Hi Lisa,

Yes, we are currently working on video tutorials that will slowly be released through the end of September. For now, we did an intro webinar to the new tools in our May webinar - https://www.projectoutcome.org/modyules/93 - that might help answer a few questions. I’m also working on updating the 101 Resource to have some more detailed FAQs about the tools & website.

Thanks for the link, Sam.